Benefits host institution
- Provision of a set of principles for integrating geospatial applications and the development of geospatial skills into science teacher training courses
- Prototype application and teacher resources developed on the project will be available for use, and extension, in future teacher training courses
- Inform the basis of an innovative CPD course facilitated by the (London) Science Learning centre
Benefits to the wider university sector
- Provision of a set of principles for integrating geospatial applications and the development of geospatial skills into science teacher training courses.
- Dissemination event at the National Science Learning Centre will offer opportunities for disseminating the work more widely to teachers, as well as FE educators, and other CPD programme leaders from Science Learning Centres across the country.
- Teacher resources developed will be of interest beyond the IoE to include for example, ESCalate Education Subject Centre, educators at Kew Gardens and the Science Museum, as well as Science PGCE courses and teachers across the country.
- The prototype application, geo-spatial activities and teacher-based resources, videos of the system-in-use, and report outputs of the project will be disseminated via the project web site / blog.
- Project outputs will be communicated to the wider teaching community, academic community and GIS community through academic publications and presentations (Association for Science Education), and involvement in the JISC community synthesis project.